Central, Victory, Nayland, Wakefield & Brightwater
The Senior Raise Up Team meets once every two weeks for 90 minutes at YMCA Nelson in Victory Square.
Young people aged 15 to 20 years from Nelson/Tasman are able to apply to be part of YMCA Senior Raise Up. We currently have a group of diverse young people attending our Raise Up meetings and training workshops & assisting running events & youth programmes.
"Raise Up is a youth program that has been designed to give youth a safe and healthy environment in which to socialise, achieve and contribute to their communities."
What is the 'Senior Raise Up' Crew's role?
- Attend Raise Up crew planning meetings
- Get involved in planning & development of the youth initiatives and activities
- Get involved in the running of the Raise up programme & events
- Work towards making Nelson/Tasman a great place for young people
What the YMCA will offer?
- Team work & Leadership
- Event Management Skills
- Working with children & young people
- Other training the crew requests
- Assistance from our youth work team
- References & records of your voluntary work with YMCA
- Opportunities to put on activities & events for you and your peers
- Chance to meet & volunteer with like-minded young people
- Free entry to our events